Cleartec® Textile Fixed Bed
Jäger Group provides with Cleartec IFAS system a high performance and low footprint solution to im-prove treatment capacity of municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants. The technology combines the best of activated sludge and biofilm process in a single step and is capable of achieving very high COD/BOD and ammonia removal rates. The system can also be easily configured for full Bio-logical Nutrient Removal.
How does it work?
CLEARTEC® IFAS system enhances the performance of a conventional biological process by increasing the active biomass concentration to a quantity that is not achievable in a conventional activated sludge system. With its surface roughness and flexibility, Cleartec Fixed Bed provides a very high surface area for active microorganisms to grow without flow restrictions. The biofilm attached to the textile in-creases the microorganisms concentration in the aeration tank leading to improvements on existing wastewater treatment efficiency without additional plant footprint
Cleartec media is held in place by rigid support structures, ensuring no risk of media washout into dis-charge streams. Aeration and media scouring is provided by high-efficiency fine bubble diffusers.
Advantages at a glance
- Improvements on treatment performance of existing plants
- Modular construction
- Reduction of plant footprint for new projects
- Increased Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR)
- Easy Retrofit – simple to install
- High operational stability, increased resilience to hydraulic and loading shocks
- Improved sludge settleability (typical SVI’s lower than 80)
- Low maintenance effort, no cleaning necessary
- High energy efficiency, up to 50% less energy than other MBBR/Moving Bed IFAS systems
- No blocking or fouling
- No flushing out of growth media